HOW TO CHECK YOUR AFFILIATE LINKS
Part I. Do i need to check my links?
The hyperlink is the technological basis of the digital world. Just as well, it is the essence of the digital selling, essentially “linking” the user via the advertising media to the advertiser (not to mention single one parties that come in between).
What if the tracking link is not functioning properly? There are a variety of reasons why and how this might happen, but the outcome is what all of them have in common. The target of the advertising will not be achieved.
From the advertiser’s perspective – the “almost” customer, who’ve shown some level of curiosity in their services by clicking on the ad material, can get forwarded to an misleading page or wander off on one among redirect pages. Lost potential active users = lost potential profit.
A not working properly link is a bad for publishers. While application owners can suffer from blemished name and also the drop of potential revenue, media buyers who take a greater risk. Sending prepaid traffic to the incorrect target is as good throwing your dollars out of the window.
Advertising agencies can also suffer from not working offers if they’re not excluded from their listings. There’s obviously the question of name. And there’s a comprehensible cash drop when dollars are used on traffic to the link that leads nowhere.
How do you, despite of the place in the affiliate pyramid confirm the deal is active? Clearly by verifying the link upon receiving. Let’s have a glance at a handful of routes to try and do that.
Part II. curios and tough ways in which to ascertain your affiliate links.
The first thing to try is to look at the redirection chain manually. Copy the affiliate link into your mobile browser and see address bar is changed. However, if your mobile device and detected location is not the correct one for the offer, you will get destinated for your own location and you will not see the correct page.
You can try employing a proxy service but there are some cons :
- number of target location is limited
- slow connection issues;
- no device simulation option to check offers
- many public IPs are blacklisted;
- you only see the final page
There are some creative ways, discovered by sole digital marketers, wherever you’ll be able to use people from the often targeted areas to see the links and send the results. Some inconveniences to that method are
- a whole heap of manual labor searching for people from different locations with the specific devices, specific Android version and the desire to assist you
- Will they do it fo free? I seriously doubt that, and even if you are willing to pay for such a service, can you imagine the level of nightmare of keeping your payments and books in order
- There just seems to be too much communication and too many people involved. You’d need to come up with a spreadsheet (make that plural) to monitor the whole bunch of offers you’re dealing with on a daily basis. Sounds like a lot of routine.
Part III. Check your links efficiently and save time and money.
And wherever there’s routine, there’s a computer code.
If you’ve at the level when you can talk loudly about the scope of offers you’re operating with, it’s time to automatize!
Using Orangear Link Checker , there is a major difference in performance.
We offer Speed. Link Checker from Orangear came to market for links verification a little bit later . It is, however, fast and efficient enough to be in TOP 3. If you’re still not feeling like testing it yourself, take a look at our video comparison to measure the difference.
We offer Accessibility. For the fresh visitors and those who expect to experience our Checker, we’ve come up with a Free plan, where you get 25 checks a day following a simple process of registration ( GDPR and NO spam policy are enforced).
Working with many offer link. As our clients needs grew, we’ve come up with an API integration idea, to ensure that high level of automation can be achieved. Our purpose was in making it both fast and agile, therefore as you receive the information on links and redirects variety of API responses, it can be generated and displayed in the most preferable method inside your own soft.
As a result, you get a clearer read of the affiliate chain:
- accurate knowledge on the error (if occurred) – seeing the number of a mistake permits you to contact the providing party with a a specific enquiry, permitting them to take action to correct it;
- thorough data on the chain lets you acquire access to the primal source of your offer, this is a full new level of prospects for your business.
There are obviously a handful of the way you’ll be able to examine your links to make sure the offer is well. And at the end of the day, choose the route that serves your needs and preferences. We just wanted to give you a choice.